1803.059: Circular Letter of the Washington Academy (October 1803).
Full Title: Washington Academy, October 25, 1803. Sir, Sometime ago the undersigned had the honor of addressing a circular letter to the members of the Cincinati [sic] Society. We then stated that your Society ... had appropriated its funds to the use of Washington Academy ...
Author: Washington Academy.
Place Issued: Lexington
Issuing Press: Samuel Walkup
Description: 1 sheet [1 pg.]; 25 cm. x 20 cm. (broadside).
Letter updates information provided to the members of the Society of the Cincinnati of Virginia in a similar circular of the preceding March (1803.057), concerning the disposition of the Society's September 1802 gift to the Academy (see 1802.029); Blackburn was the chair of the school's board, while Baxter was the academy's rector; founded in 1776 as the Liberty Hall Academy, the school was renamed Washington Academy after a substantial donation in 1796 by George Washington; the school continues today as Washington & Lee University. Only recorded copy is held in the manuscript collection of the Virginia Historical Society. Sheet lacks colophon; for the duration of his printing career in Lexington (1802-10), Samuel Walkup was the printer for the Washington Academy and its founding patron, the Presbytery of Lexington, so the attribution here.
There is 1 person associated with this imprint record: